We’ve adopted the slogan "Twenty Minutes a Day Paves the Way" because research has shown just 20 minutes of reading or being read to can:
- Provide time for parents and caregivers to bond with children
- Expose children to as many 1.8 million words per year
- Help students reach the 90th percentile on standardized tests
- Improve listening skills
- Prepare pre-kindergartners for school
- Improve their earning potential later in life
- Lead to healthier lives.
Grade Level Reading Campaign
Read anytime, anywhere, with BookSmart!
With BookSmart, children have the required tools to build their reading skills through high-quality books, activities that reinforce reading skills in fun and interactive ways, and where they are celebrated for their reading success. It's never been easier to achieve 20 minutes of reading a day than with BookSmart!
If you’re here, we know you care about this as much as we do.
We are inviting everyone in the community to join READ JAX — there are many ways you can be in support!